I am not a big fan of brandy in my desserts, I don`t know for me it leaves that sort of awful taste in it that just discourages me from having my sweet little dessert. I don`t mind having to taste wine but not brandy. Until I was force to have this recipe by my sister when she made it in her culinary lesson. I was in a situation where I could not have said no and I didn`t really wanna try it, you know what I am talking about even if it is bad you still have to say its good. but any-ways I was really amazed by this apricot brandy pound cake which in fact when I asked about the recipe it was quite an easy desserts recipe. I really suggest you need to at least try this out once in the near future, trust me you'll love this easy desserts apricot brandy pound cake recipe.
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 2 1/2 c. sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. each orange & rum extracts
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 3 c. cake flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. apricot brandy
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat thoroughly after each.
- Add flavoring, then sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream and brandy.
- Blend well.
- Put in greased and floured 3 quart bundt pan and bake in slow oven at 325 degrees about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Keeps very well, can be frozen which improves flavor.
Photo by Annie Mole