I can`t say for sure if this recipe of Pecan Tassies is actually from a particular country. In my opinion it is just a name but a fine easy desserts recipe should not be only limited to its name, this great recipe is just the example of how cookies should actually taste like and should be served anywhere anytime to anyone.
- 1/2c Butter,softened
- 3oz Cream cheese,softened
- 1c Unsifted all-purposeflour
- 3/4c light brown sugar,Packed
- 1T Butter,melted
- 1pn salt
- 3/4c pecans,Chopped
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Have ready 2 miniature muffin tins with cups that measure about 2 inches across and 7/8 inch deep.
- For crust, beat butter with cream cheese until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Divide into 24 balls.With your fingers, press each ball into an ungreased muffin cup, taking care to make a smooth, even layer over the bottom and up the sides.
- For filling, whisk egg in a medium bowl. Add sugar, butter and salt and mix well.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon chopped pecans into each crust.
- Add filling so it comes almost to the top of the cups, making sure it doesn't spill over.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over the top.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 250 degrees and continue to bake until crust is light brown at the edges, 10 minutes. Cool.
- When muffin tin is cool enough to handle, loosen cups from the sides of the tin and carefully transfer to a wire rack.
- Cool to room temperature.
Photo by bcmom