I don`t know how to put this. The ingredients in this Oma's Almond Cookies easy desserts recipe is just plain and simple daily ingredients but for some reason when they are put together. They really work in great harmony and make a wonderful dish of Oma's Almond Cookies Enjoy this easy desserts recipe and let us know what you think about it.
- 2c Butter,softened
- 2c Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Lemon,grated rind and
- 4c All-purpose flour
- 1t Baking powder
- 1pn salt
- 1/2lb Unblanched almonds,finely Ground(or),Grated
- Colored sugars,For Garnish Optional
Chilling time: 8 hours or overnight
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl of electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in lemon rind and juice.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture and ground almonds into butter mixture to make a soft dough.
- Divide dough into quarters. Refrigerate dough,wrapped in wax paper,until firm, at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
- Roll out one dough portion on lightly floured pastry cloth with a rolling pin covered with stocking or roll between sheets of lightly floured wax paper to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutters. Return dough to refrigerator if it gets too soft.
- Transfer to baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each cookie.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired.
- Bake until very light brown at edges,8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
- Store in a covered tin.
Photo by snowpea&bokchoi