I can`t think of anyone who does not love Sirups Kager (Danish Brown Spice Cookies). I mean think about it this is one of the most classic of classic recipes from easy desserts. Actually I grew up on this. This Sirups Kager (Danish Brown Spice Cookies) is also the sort of recipe which can be served anywhere anytime. You`ll only get praised. Anyways enjoy it.
- 1C Butter(or margarine) -Softened
- 1C Sugar
- 1C Dark corn syrup
- 2t Cinnamon
- 1T cloves,Ground
- 1/2T Baking soda mixed with
- 1T water
- 1C Flour, Can Use 4 Cups
Chilling time: One hour
Baking time:8 to 10 minutes
- Cream butter or margarine with sugar and corn syrup.
- Stir in cinnamon, cloves and baking soda mixture. Add flour a little at a time, mixing well after each addition until stiff dough forms.
- Cover dough and refrigerate until firm.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters into reindeer or desired shapes.Or roll dough into logs about 1-inch in diameter and slice crosswise into1-inch-thick rounds.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheets until lightly browned, about 8 to10 minutes.
Photo by grongar