Now there are plenty of easy desserts tea time recipes out there. But this Fay Kuhn's Thumbprints is one odd out. Now when you look at the final product or if you look at the recipe below you`ll be thinking like how I was when I first saw it. The only that went through my mind was simple. But this very simple looking both in recipe and the texture is the actual surprise. Honestly the ingredients in this recipe is so well balanced out that everything just perfectly works out in harmony. And you get a divine easy desserts Fay Kuhn's Thumbprints dish. Anyways give it a try and you`ll know exactly what I am talking about.
- 1/2c Butter
- 1/4c Sugar
- 1/2t Vanilla
- 1c Flour
- 1/4t Salt
- 11/4c Finely nuts,Chopped
- 1/4c Raspberry jam
Chilling time: 1 hour
Baking time: 15 to 18 minutes
- Beat together butter and sugar in a mixer bowl.
- Add vanilla and egg yolk. Mix well.
- Mix flour and salt, add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Beat egg white lightly in a small bowl.
- Put nuts in another small bowl. Dip each ball into egg white, then roll in nuts.
- Put balls 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb in the center of each to make an indentation.
- Bake until light golden, 15 to 18minutes. Cool on wire racks. Fill indentation with a small amount of raspberry jam.
Photo by erix!