I can`t think of anyone who does not love Nut Crescents. I mean think about it this is one of the most classic of classic recipes from easy desserts. Actually I grew up on this. This Nut Crescents is also the sort of recipe which can be served anywhere anytime. You`ll only get praised. Anyways enjoy it.
- 2c Unsalted butter(or -margarine),Softened
- 6T Confectioners' sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 4c Flour,sifted before Measuring
- 1c Ground (or finely),Crushed
- Almonds, pecans or walnuts
- 2 Egg whites
- 1c Ground (or finely),Crushed Almonds,pecans or walnuts
- 1/2c Granulated sugar
- Confectioners'sugar for Sprinkling
Cooking time: 10 to12minutes
- Cream butter and confectioners' sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks.
- Beat in flour and 1c ground nuts until mixed.(Dough can be refrigerated up to several days; soften slightly before shaping cookies.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
- For topping, beat egg whites lightly with fork in shallow dish until frothy.
- Mix 1 cup nuts and granulated sugar in separate shallow dish.
- Roll a generous teaspoon of the dough in the palm of your hands into a crescent shape.
- Dip top of crescent in egg white and then into nut-sugar mixture.
- Place crescents on baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until bottoms are golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on pan a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Sprinkle lightly with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Photo by inyucho