Now there are plenty of easy desserts tea time recipes out there. But this Mom's Sugar Cookies is one odd out. Now when you look at the final product or if you look at the recipe below you`ll be thinking like how I was when I first saw it. The only that went through my mind was simple. But this very simple looking both in recipe and the texture is the actual surprise. Honestly the ingredients in this recipe is so well balanced out that everything just perfectly works out in harmony. And you get a divine easy desserts Mom's Sugar Cookies dish. Anyways give it a try and you`ll know exactly what I am talking about.
- 1c Unsalted butter,Softened
- 11/2c Confectioners sugar
- 1t Vanilla
- 1/2t Almond extract
- 21/2c Flour
- 1t Baking soda
- 1t Cream of tartar
- 8oz Cream cheese,softened
- 2c Confectioners'sugar
- 1/4t Vanilla
- Food coloring as desired
Chilling time: 2 to3 hours
Cooking time:7to 8minutes
- Cream butter, sugar,egg, vanilla and almond extract in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar until mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Cover and refrigerate dough 2 to 3 hours.(Dough can be refrigerated up to several days; soften slightly before rolling out.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have lightly greased baking sheets ready.
- Roll out half of dough on lightly floured surface to almost 1/4 ~inch thick.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown on edges, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in small bowl until smooth.
- Beat in milk until spreading consistency. Add food coloring as desired.
- Use frosting to decorate cookies. Let stand until frosting sets.
Photo by scubadive67