I don`t know why but when there is something that you really like say for examples this coconut cake than no matter how hard it is to make you`ll still classify it as an easy desserts recipe. And this pretty much happens with every thing. The bottom line is if you are satisfied with it than that is it. Now there might be a lot of coconut cake recipes out there but I found this little trick to it and amazingly it tastes great. I like making easy desserts and the recipe below made life much easier. Try this recipe although not from scratch but you`ll love it.
- 1 box Duncan Hines butter cake
- 1 (12 oz.) pkg. coconut
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) carton sour cream
- 1 (9 oz.) carton Cool Whip
- Bake cake in 2 round layer pans; allow to cool.
- Cut each layer in half to make 4 layers.
- Mix next 3 ingredients and chill.
- Save out 1 cup of sour cream mixture and add to a 9 ounce carton of Cool Whip.
- Spread coconut-sugar-sour cream mixture between cake layers.
- Ice cake with Cool Whip mixture.
- Can be baked the day before and refrigerated.
Photo by kimberlykv