This recipe is just perfect for tea time. As plain and simple as it may sound it taste heavenly and the best part is, it is one of those easy desserts recipe. It literately takes less effort to make, all you need is blend and mix the ingredient and let the oven does the rest. I remember my granny use to say simplicity itself is complicated. This is just a perfect example of that phrase. No wonder why this is an easy desserts recipe. Try it and let us know your thoughts.
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. soda
- 4 c. apples, peeled & chopped
- Cream margarine and sugar; add eggs and blend well.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt and soda.
- Add to creamed mixture with apples.
- Put in 9 x 13 inch greased pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup brown sugar mixed with 1/2 cup nuts on batter before baking.
- Bake 40 minutes in 325 degree oven.
NB: You can also add extra fruit of your liking, I love adding figs and bananas.