I can understand why no one will look forward to having this pudding and I can mostly guess why? Now the name in my opinion looks funny but the final product is no where near ugly as it sounds in fact you`ll be surprised by both the texture and taste. This ugly duckling cake is a prime example of an easy desserts recipe which is quite simple to make. If you don`t trust in what I wrote give it a try and see for yourselves what this ugly duckling cake easy desserts recipe taste like and write a few words at the, which will be highly appreciated.
- 1 pkg. Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg. Jello lemon instant pudding
- 1 (16 oz.) can fruit cocktail
- 1 c. Angel Flake coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 c. Mazola oil
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- Blend cake mix and instant lemon filling together with mixer.
- Add fruit cocktail, coconut and oil, then beat eggs until foamy and add to cake mixture.
- Pour into 13 x 9 inch greased cake pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 1/2 c. butter or oleo
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- Mix oleo, granulated sugar and evaporated milk.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups coconut.
- Pour on top of cake (when cooled).
Photo by Debs