Thursday 26 July 2012

Twinkie Cake

Twinkie Cake

A twinkie cake is what I thought at first, what is it and how is it gonna taste like. But when I had it at my friends house I was just gob smacked. Honestly a simple and easy desserts recipe is just one of the few things in which you could describe this cake in. Twinkie cake itself has just a few simple ingredients which when put together tastes heavenly. Now I can say all I want about this easy desserts recipe but until you give it a try you won`t know what I am talking about. At times things speak for itself which this recipe does. Check it out and see how it turns out for you and be sure to write us a few words at the end describing your thoughts on this easy desserts recipe.
Ingredients:

  • 1 (9 x 13) inch chocolate cake
  • 5 tbsp. flour
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. vegetable shortening
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Directions



  1. Bake cake and cool. 
  2. Mix flour and milk. 
  3. Cook over low heat until thick, remove from heat and cool. 
  4. Place shortening, butter, salt and vanilla in mixing bowl and mix. 
  5. Add cooled flour and milk mixture and beat at high speed until filling is like whipped cream. 
  6. Cut cooled cake in half lengthwise and put on filling. 
  7. Place top back on and frost with favourite icing.

Enjoy!














  Photo by John Loo

No comments:

Post a Comment