Many people have tried this cake at tea parties or other occasion. I have had this in many different occasions but I always wanted to know how to actually make a mocha cake. At first I thought it is not going to be an easy desserts recipe, but after trying it out I was totally wrong. It is quite easy to make and believe me once you make it yourself you`ll never wanna eat out. Honestly this easy desserts mocha cake recipe is just simple and fun to make, try it and leave a word or two at the end, so that others might feel confident that majority is is saying it is easy to make
- 12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. instant coffee (powdered)
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 8 1/2 oz. pkg. Nabisco chocolate
- Combine chips, coffee, sugar, water, and salt in top of double boiler on very low heat (careful not to scorch), until melted. Stir and cool.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla; mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whites.
- Roll wafers with a rolling pin until fine or put in blender; then sift wafers.
- Arrange 1/3 wafer crumbs in 8 x 8 inch square pan; cover with 1/2 of chocolate mixture.
- Add another 1/3 of crumbs, then chill 1 hour in freezer.
- Add other 1/2 of chocolate mixture, then rest of crumbs.
- Chill in freezer 2 hours, then move to refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Serve with dollop of whipped cream on top.
Photo by kimberlykv