The most classic of classic in my opinion would be this easy desserts Shortbread Sheep recipe. It is the kinda golden recipe which has proven its worth though out ages and is still one of the most favorite and many peoples desserts menu. If you have tried this than you`ll know of what I am talking about if not than I suggest you to give it a try and see for yourself. Enjoy it.
- 2c Unsalted butter,Softened
- 1c Sugar
- 4c Flour
- 1/4t Salt
Cooking time: 20 to25minutes
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flour and salt. Knead the dough briefly until smooth.
- If dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour. (Dough can be refrigerated up to several days; soften slightly before shaping cookies.)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Have ungreased baking sheets ready.
- Pat half of the dough out on lightly floured surface to 1/2 -inch thickness.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake until light brown on edges, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Photo by grongar