This Coffee Cake is another one of the most classic easy desserts recipe. It is just there on Easter every year since I was a kid. It is one of my most most favorite recipe to make. Though she only enjoys making them and I only enjoy eating them. Anyways this is just a great easy desserts one that should not be left out. Give it a try and let us know what you make of this Coffee Cake recipe.
- 1c water,Warm
- 2T yeast, or 2 packages
- 1/2c sugar
- 1/8t mace
- 1c scalded milk
- 1c lard,Melted
- 1T salt
- 3 eggs,beaten
- 7c flour,about butter,softened
- cinnamon & sugar,mixed -together
- blueberries & cherries -decorations
POWDERED SUGAR ICING
- 1t vanilla
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 5T hot milk
- 1/2t lemon flavoring
- 2T white shortening (Crisco)
- Put the yeast in the water & set aside.
- Put sugar, mace, milk, melted lard, salt &eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add yeast mixture and about 7 cups of flour. Mix all ingredients together & work to a smooth dough.
- Let rise until double. Roll out on board 1/2" inch thick, spread with butter,sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar.
- Cut in strips one inch wide.Twist them as you place in a round 8"greased pan.
- Let rise about 40 minutes.
- Bake 18-20 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown.
- Ice with Powdered Sugar icing.
- Decorate with red cherries & blueberries and to with a flag in the center.
- POWDERED SUGAR ICING
- Combine all ingredients, beat one minute, add more milk if needed to make it spread easily.
Photo by psigrist