I can`t say for sure if this recipe of Swedish Spice Cookies is actually from sweden. In my opinion it is just a name but a fine easy desserts recipe should not be only limited to its name, this great recipe is just the example of how cookies should actually taste like and should be served anywhere anytime to anyone.
- 21/4c All-purpose flour,sifted -before
- 2t Baking soda
- 1t cloves,Ground
- 1t ginger,Ground
- 1t cinnamon,Ground
- 1t salt,Ground
- 3/4c Unsalted butter,softened
- 11/2c Sugar
- 1/4c Molasses
- Heat oven to 375degrees. Have ungreased baking sheet(s) ready.
- Sift together the flour,baking soda, spices and salt; set aside.
- Beat the butter and 1 cup of the granulated sugar in large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed until light, 1minute.
- Add the egg and molasses;mix well. Stop the mixer and add the flour mixture.
- Mix just until combined.
- Using about1 1/2 teaspoons dough for each, roll dough into balls.
- Roll in the remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar so they are fully coated.
- Arrange on baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. If you prefer a thin,crisp cookie,they may be flattened with a glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake until set, 9 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Photo by WolfgangM