This is the best Rolled Animal Cookies easy desserts recipe to make with your kids. Both of you will enjoy making it. That is the thing I like about desserts that you can make it with your kids and ya without doubt the kids kinda makes a mess of the kitchen but in my opinion it is worth the fun. Anyways it is up to you if you wanna make it alone or with your kids but do try out this Rolled Animal Cookies from easy desserts it is one of the best recipes our there.
- 1c Butter,softened
- 1c Sugar
- 2T Whipping cream
- 1t Baking powder
- 1/2t Baking soda
- 1/2t Salt
- 1t Vanilla
- 3c all-purpose flour,Sifted
- Decorations,colored sugar
- Sprinkles,chocolate chips
Chilling time: Several hours
- Cream butter. Gradually add sugar and cream well. Blend in the egg, cream, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Chill dough until firm,several hours (it is hard to roll out otherwise).
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out dough on a floured board to about 1/8- inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes with a flour-dipped cookie cutter.
- Place on ungreased or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Decorate with colored sugar and chocolate sprinkles and use raisins or chocolate chips for the eyes of the animals.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until a little brown.Cool on racks.
- Don't forget to cut the little holes if you wish to hang on the tree.
- Note: Dough will keep several days or a week in the refrigerator if you don't get around to cutting right away. I store the cookies in tightly covered tins and they are very good keepers if the children don't find them.
Photo by thepinkpeppercorn