An easy and traditional recipe taught to me by my gran is this lemon pudding cake. It does have a zesty flavour to it but sweet at the same time. Interestingly this is one of the easiest easy desserts recipes around. I am not trying to make you feel as if I am good and that is why I think it is easy. Give it a try and see for yourselves how simple it is to make this easy desserts lemon pudding cake recipe.
- 2 lemons
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. skim milk (or 2%)
- 1/3 c. flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of the yellow zest and squeeze 1/4 cup juice from the lemons. Separate the egg.
- With an electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the yolks with the lemon zest, juice, sugar and salt until light yellow.
- Beat in the milk.
- Gradually add the flour, beating until smooth.
- With clean beaters, beat the egg whites until they hold soft peaks.
- Carefully fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Put in a large pan and add warm water to come halfway up sides of dish.
- Bake until the top is golden and the cake starts to come away from the sides of the dish, about 35 minutes.
- 6 servings.
Photo by Craig Murphy