This might sound really childish but honestly this is what this easy desserts recipe is called. Now I did not made it up in any way but this recipe was given to me by a friend who got it from his friend. So I don`t exactly know where the origin of this recipe is from but still it is just fun to know there is a pudding recipe is a cool name like pineapple upside down cake. Any-ways I gave it shot and I was amazed by both the taste and texture. This easy desserts recipe is just perfect for any occasion and is worth a shot at least once. Leave a few words at the end at tell us what you think about this easy desserts pineapple upside down cake recipe.
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine
- 2 c. light brown sugar, packed
- Pineapple & juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Use 9 or 10 inch iron skillet or round pan.
- Melt margarine over low heat in skillet.
- Remove from heat, add brown sugar.
- Mix together 8 slices of pineapple or 2 cups crushed pineapple (drained).
- Pour evenly over margarine and sugar.
- Separate eggs in large bowl.
- Beat yolks until light and smooth.
- Add sugar with 1/2 cup pineapple juice and vanilla.
- Beat until sugar is well dissolved.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff then fold into the above mixture.
- Pour onto the margarine, sugar and pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, put plate over skillet or pan and dump upside down.
Photo by richard_north