An easy desserts recipe to die for in my honest opinion would be this honey oatmeal cake. Sometimes what happens is, something good just happens while you are experimenting on something else and a failure of the very same experiment is more rewarding than what you have actually planned for. This easy desserts honey oatmeal cake recipe is just the thing which was very rewarding but at the same time failure of something else I was working on. But I was so impressed with it that I suggested it to my gran and she loved it. Not only her but almost everyone that had tried this easy desserts recipe enjoyed having it. Most of them said that it infact tastes better with earl grey and I to some point actually agree with them. Let me know what you like it with or what your thoughts on this easy desserts honey oatmeal cake recipe is.
- 1 1/4 c. boiling water
- 1 c. uncooked reg. oats
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 c. honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Commercial German chocolate cake icing
- Pecan halves (opt.)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Add honey, eggs and vanilla; stir well.
- Combine whole wheat flour and next 4 ingredients, gradually add to honey mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan and frost.
- Garnish with pecan halves if desired.
- 15 servings.
Photo by exfordy