What more can a person ask for than to have this lovely easy desserts Empires recipe. This recipe is one of the most classic of classic recipes and is something that you`ll never forget once you perfect it. Plus it is a recipe fit for all occasions. Enjoy it.
- 1c Unsalted butter,softened
- 1/2c Granulated sugar
- 2c All-purpose flour
- 1/2c Seedless raspberry jam or Currant jelly
- 1c Confectioners'sugar
- Colored sugar for decorating
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add flour and blend well. Remove from bowl and knead until shiny.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in wax paper. Refrigerate dough until it is firm enough to roll, several hours or longer.
- Let dough soften slightly on counter if too firm to roll.
- Heat oven to 325degrees. Roll dough between two sheets of floured wax paper or flatten dough with floured hands to1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Use cookie cutters to make shapes.Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake only until slightly golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheets just long enough to firm cookies and then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To assemble, spread half of the cookies with a small amount of jam and sandwich with another cookie. Put confectioners' sugar into a small bowl and drizzle in just enough milk to make a thin glaze.
- Frost cookies lightly with the glaze and sprinkle with colored sugar. Let stand until glaze hardens.
Photo by suzukiQ